Join now - be part of our community!

play memories camera apps

MPa6000
New

play memories camera apps

I have been trying (and failing) all morning to try and download some apps onto my a6000. Couldnt get anywhere with the direct method via the camera itself (it keeps asking to adjust the time/date etc) so i thought i would try the Mac.

No luck there either.  After updating the firmware on the camera, i attempted to download the 'download' tool, which was fine - but then it fails to verify the camera, even though it is connected etc. The verify page just refreshes and i cannot proceed to the next stage.

I am rapidly losing faith in this...any ideas?

4 simple steps it says.....lol

8 REPLIES 8
mehaukulyk
Explorer

if your camera has wifi use that, I use the 7r2 and had problems trying with a direct connection but wifi was a super smooth 😉

fellraven
Explorer

Posted virtually the same question yesterday and have been sat watching the tumbleweed.

Did you find out how to do it ?

000f1ux000
Explorer

Exactly the same problem here.

When trying to install apps on the camera itself you can see it loading the Login page in the background so WIFI is obviously working. But then the error message about Area/Date/Time comes up and you can't do anything!

If i try to install via USB on my mac, it says "cannot set camera to Download mode".

Tried setting the camera USB to Auto, MTP and mass storage with no joy.

000f1ux000
Explorer

Just tried on windows 10 as well.   The playmemories connector app installs but the browser just keeps asking to install it again.

FAIL.

profile.country.BE.title
Portmixus
Hero

I got this link from someone: 

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/article/107799

Is it a solution to your problem?

Just tried setting mine to m-d-y and it still gives the same error I'm afraid 

I managed to install an app using a Windows 7 computer in the end but trying on the camera still gives the check date error.

000f1ux000
Explorer

I had an email back from support.....   They just said to perform a factor reset/initialise on the camera.

i was reluctant but just did.

It works! I no longer get the error on the camera.  

Menu> settings (6) > Setting reset> Initialize 

ahain2002
Explorer

The Windows 10 issue comes from using Edge - Sony doesn't support it. If you load up good old reliable IE from Windows Accessories, or install Firefox, the connection will work