Join now - be part of our community!

Digital Camera & Camcorder Repairs

profile.country.en_GB.title
StartTheCar
Contributor

Digital Camera & Camcorder Repairs

Before I start, i really am sorry that you are having to read this in the first place.  Obviously any sort of fault is always dissapointing, but hopefully we can make the repair process a little easier.  Here is a link which will guide you through getting your Sony product fixed. 

http://support.sony-europe.com/repair/index.aspx?site=odw_en_GB

Just enter your products full model number (DSC-W210 for example) in the search box and follow the instructions

Hope it helps!

Any problems, then give the guys and girls a ring at customer service on 0844 8466 555 and they will be happy to help you out.

Best regards

Lee

Message was edited by: StartTheCar

11 REPLIES 11
taki111
New

Dear Sirs,

I am thinking about buying your product "VCL-ECU1 - Sony Ultra Wide Converter for NEX SEL16F28 Lens".
May I ask you a question?

My sony camera is NEX-5T, which I bought it in Japan and it came with a lens "16mm-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS".
Can I use "VCL-ECU1" with my lens "16mm-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS"?
I have no other lens.

Or do I need to buy another lens called SEL16F28 in order to use "VCL-ECU1"?

Thank you.

Best regards
Takashi Kobayashi

KevPeden
New

Hi.

I have an RX1OO, which I purchased on November 16th 2012 or there about (it is registered).....unfortunately, one of my grand children managed to get her hands on it and dropped it on a hard floor.

It has a small dent on the top corner by the pop up flash.

It was working for a little while, but now it will not charge.\

When I plug the charger in to the camera, the camera wakes up, the lens activates in the same way as if I had just turned the camera on......so the cmera is completely active when on charge.

When I unplug the charger a few hours later, it will no switch on......I assume the battery is still drained of power.

I simply can't afford to purchase another camera........so my question is........Is it worth me sending in for repair or should I just bin it??

I ask because I simply can't afford to just send in for a repair estimate.....because its my understanding that Sony will charge me for the estimate if I find I can't afford the actual repair....

What do you think is the best solution!!

Thanks for your time.

Kind Regards

Kevin Peden

Bieomax

Have you tried changing the battery just incase that's not holding charge ?

did you happen to buy it on a extented warranty ?

goodhugh
New

My faith in Sony camera repairs has also crumbled. My camera developed a fault, so I submitted it for repair. The problem appeared fixed, but the identical problem reappeared some time later. Sony didn't want to know.

profile.country.GB.title
inkyadrian
New

Sony A7S camera

A little cleaning fluid ran under the sensor-glass and I've sent the camera back to Sony for repair. Sony wants to replace the whole sensor for the price of £582! The sensor is covered by an outer glass which is clamped to it. Just a clean of the glass is all that is needed.

I bought the camera from SLRhut which is based in the USA.

Sony say my camera is not covered by the warranty because it was purchased from the USA and it is not covered because it is a fluid seep.

There is no information about the sensor and that the glass is NOT sealed, in the manual.

I will never buy another Sony product.

As a member of the Lancashire and Cheshire photographic Union of GB, I have no alternative to advise all camera users as to this disgusting outcome.

Inky Adrian

Bieomax

I dont understand your complaint? Did sony flood your sensor with cleaning fluid or you?
goodhugh
New

Hi Inky Adrian,Thanks for your message. I gave up on Sony some years ago now because of their really poor repair/support facility. I just wouldn't have confidence in them any more. I bought a Canon camera, which has been through some rough times with me, and still works well.What will you buy instead of Sony...?Cheers,G.
chrisavery
Explorer

Further to the message a while ago about not being able to afford another repair estimate... I had a similar thing recently and a repair company near me was having a free inspection week for cameras so if anyone else is reading this then have a look out for that as if you don't get your item repaired it doesn't cost you anything.

I'll try to find the link I had and post it separately if I can.

Chris

chrisavery
Explorer

Found it here...

http://regionalrepaircentre.co.uk/repairs_alpha.php

Seems they are having a free inspection week next week 7th-12th September 2015 so if anyone out there has a broken camera it might be worth having a look.

Hope this helps someone.

Chris