Join now - be part of our community!

battery charger

profile.country.en_GB.title
brimarwimar
Visitor

battery charger

Why can't Sony make a recharger with 2 leds to tell you that the battery is recharged  now you can't tell with 1 because the light doesn't change wether the battery is full or nothing  and that after 2 hours waiting

Message was edited by: brimarwimar

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Usually, the light goes out when the battery is fully charged.

This may take longer than 2 hours. My NEX-5 battery takes up to 250 minutes from fully discharged - over 4 hours!

What Sony device are you trying to charge?

:thinking:

brimarwimar
Visitor

Hello Blencogo

Iam recharging my battery from a the Dlsr sony@450  battery np-fm500h infolithium  the light comes on in the begining and is still on after 5 hours and will stay on for the rest off his live onless i onplug it on the wall for me it is just a matter of 1 led to tell you the battery is ready

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

In that case the battery must be faulty or the charger not working properly.  If you look at your manual you will see that the light should go out when the battery is charged: -

A450.jpg

brimarwimar
Visitor

Hello blencogo

thanks for the reply i found out what was wrong with it. The clip to hold the battery in place was

stuck with a tiny bit of paper i got it out and it is working fine now aldo i must say that i fined it strange that you have to wait 1hour after the light is out for a fully charged battery from there the second led like with the sony dsc - v3 the light comes on begin charging and changes to green light fully charged very easy i think to use jou don't need a watch or keep a eye on it