Join now - be part of our community!

£100 cash back conditions.

profile.country.GB.title
fuqgon-7tinjA-goghur
New

£100 cash back conditions.

So I’ve just bought a Sony 24-70GMii for my A7iv and I got a cash back offer voucher from Sony for £100. 

as part of the process they are insisting on the following conditions. 

Thank you for participating in our Sony promotion via our dedicated claim website for product SEL2470GM2.
While validating your current serial number picture, we concluded that we cannot accept it as a valid picture as the photo is not showing the serial number sticker that is cut out of the box.
To allow us to continue with your claim validation, you will need to physically cut out the original white sticker with the barcode and numbers from the box with scissors or a knife. Next, please take a clear picture of this cut out cardboard on top of a single-coloured background (e.g. a table) and reply to this e-mail (without changing the e-mail subject) with the picture in attachment. When you take this picture, please make sure that it is not blurry and that is taken under good light conditions and that the full sticker is visible. Only the following file types are accepted: pdf, jpeg, jpg and png.

Cutting out the sticker from the packaging does not void the warranty of your product.

To rectify this situation, please send us the picture within the next 14 days. Without this new document, we unfortunately cannot accept your claim.

I’ve replied saying I shouldn’t need to cut a big chunk out of the box as it will affect the condition of the box, and affect the value should I come to sell in the future when I upgrade etc. 

I’ve sent the full sticker on the box, and also shown the sticker removed and attached to the original invoice. 

it just seems ridiculous that i have to do this 

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
TheMaze
Community Team

Hey,

Unfortunately, you'll have to cut out the serial number area from the box completely and take a picture of it, otherwise they won't accept your claim according to the terms and conditions of the campaign: https://campaign.odw.sony-europe.com/redemption/terms/UK_DI_Lens_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf