Join now - be part of our community!

Phone dims when hot and bright outside

JD85
Visitor

Phone dims when hot and bright outside

I've tried chatting with Sony Support, and calling them, with absolutely no luck other than the standard response of trying to pretty much erase everything on the phone each time and start over.

Before I start, Apple's iPhone have a very well known similar behavior (not a problem, but actually coded behavior on purpose so assuming Sony Xperia 10 follows the same behaviour as well...): When I'm outside and it's bright and hot, the phone automatically starts dimming to the point I can't see almost anything on the screen.

I've tried, per Support's recommendation:

1. Restarting.
  2. Setting back to factory default.
  3. Updating software
  4. Running system tests to test the Ambient Sensor
  5. Disabling/Enabling Adaptive Brightness
  6. Disabling/Enabling Smart Backlight Control

Unfortunately, Support has no clue of what they're doing and only follow a script before "thinking" about what the problem is and how to resolve before making you do a factory reset on your phone and moving up the list.

I'm in the desert - so yes, it's hot and bright outside, but I really need to be able to use my phone when I'm outside.

So... Is this normal behavior (similar to what Apple does as I've mentioned before)? If so, can your support please update your documentation stating this so people know???

And finally, can it be disabled?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Even with adaptive brightness switched to off and brightness up to the max?