Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1V heat

profile.country.GB.title
Markie100
Explorer

Xperia 1V heat

Hi, just looking for some advice. I decided to transfer some music off my computer onto the phone
by using a usb cable. It took around 20 minutes to complete, when I picked the phone up, it was really hot.
I had a live chat with Sony & they said to ring the number they sent me. I rang the number & spoke to someone
regarding the heat & she said she would get Xperia suport to ring me within 15 minutes. I did not get a call but received an email saying that was absolutely fine. They asked for the IMEI & said that it reached 30 degrees & said
it was fine & normal & it will settle down. Does this seem correct, I'm just worried in case it will cause damage in the future when the warranty expires. Also, would I be entitled to exchange it for another phone, seeing as I have only had the phone 2 weeks.

Thanks for any advice.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi @Markie100

Yes, it's very normal that the device overheats when transferring data, and since Sony confirmed it reached 30 degrees, then it's in the safe side 

profile.country.GB.title
Markie100
Explorer

Thanks for your help, that's fine if it's normal

Regards Mark.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Markie100, check out this link too, it explains why this happens and how to manage it: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/mobile-phones-tablets/articles/00281173?nick-error=data-a... 

profile.country.GB.title
Markie100
Explorer

Thanks a lot for your help. I feel a lot more confident with phone now, it hasn't even got warm in general use,