Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 V - impossible to use Android Auto with BMW

profile.country.AT.title
Mydudeness1
Explorer

Xperia 1 V - impossible to use Android Auto with BMW

I have optimistically switched from Xperia 1 ii to 1 V hoping that it would beat the predecessor on all fronts - not when it comes to Android Auto. When I connect my new Xperia 1 V to my BMW runing iDrive 7, AA "hijacks" the BMW navigation system. As soon as Android Auto is selected, it does not let you switch back to the car navigation. My previous  Xperia 1 II worked like a charm and I could easily switch between AA and BMW maps. Now in the Home mode, BMW maps are also not displayed showing blank screen with a message that navigation is done by Android Auto on Xperia 1 V. On Xperia 1 ii android apps (for example, Waze or messengers) could run in the background with BMW navigation active - this is no longer the case, either AA or nothing. Any thoughts or possible solutions? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.AT.title
Mydudeness1
Explorer

I forgot to add the image: 

AA Xperia 1v.jpg

profile.country.AT.title
Mydudeness1
Explorer

A quick update - after taking a deeper look into the issue, the problem turned out to be with Waze app running via AA. It is pity as I often used Waze to be warned about speed cameras and road police - will have to find a replacement...

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Mydudeness1, so if you disabled/removed waze, does everything work fine again? 

profile.country.AT.title
Mydudeness1
Explorer

The combination of Waze and Xperia 1 V seems to be the problem as without Waze running via AA everything seems to work well. Equally, Waze does not cause troubles on AA on my second phone Xperia 1ii. 

It is a pity as Waze is one of the most popular apps for AA and is the only reason for me to use the AA in my car. 

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

It's most probably a compatibility issue, if it's all fine out of this set up