Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 iv Camera flickering

profile.country.GB.title
dbman2023
New

Xperia 1 iv Camera flickering

I have an Xperia 1 iv but whenever I use the camera on something that is quite close, the screen starts flickering and flashing a blueish colour.

Is this a fault?

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.RO.title
AlexandruRai
Contributor

It's the TOF sensor! It doesn't bother the shooting, but only at macro or bad handling while shooting at night. It's only used by stock camera, and it's not amazing for final results. Somewhat useless... Use Third party app that can give better results and do not use this sensor. Cheers!

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

Hello there, I  hope I will provide  you with the answer you need.

Sony Xperia Macro is not very good as   they do not have  a macro lens.

Here is  a good  tip for you, switch to  the ULTRAWIDE and  use  manual focus on that, you  can get much closer  with  the ulltrawide than on any  of the other sensors.

Hope that helps

Gilgamesh the first ONE and ONLY King
profile.country.RO.title
AlexandruRai
Contributor

It has the best macro lens. It can use amazing Gcam mods with configs for outstanding shots. And stock camera not fixed yet by its 64.1.A.0.891 upgrade, and almost no user from here to consider giving pertinent answers or real life testing - lately no more Sony customer support... So your intervention theme is: bad pills or not using this device?!

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

The   1iv or  the 1 iii and  1 ii does not  have a macro lens and ALL the reviews agree on this fact.

GCAM mod is poor, buggy and is lacking features and if  one does not wish to use Sony software then your best bet is  Camera  FV-5-although thre is a one off charge in the  google store of £5.00

Gcam can  only DREAM of being as good as this.

profile.country.RO.title
AlexandruRai
Contributor

Now it is for sure: Bad Pills! Sh@me Sony letting these guys be here, and true facts never solved!

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

Purile  childish insults  get you  nowhere

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

I guess the reason behind that the 1 IV does do macro is its minimal focus distance is about 10cm or so, even though the ultrawide camera supports autofocus. Is that photo Pro app that you use when this issue happen with you?

profile.country.GB.title
dbman2023
New

Correct, yes

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

@AlexandruRai wrote:

Now it is for sure: Bad Pills! Sh@me Sony letting these guys be here, and true facts never solved!

But he's correct.

No sony mobile has a true macro lens, with every manual recommending a minimum focus of 10cm due to lens refraction and, as stated, the focusing systems.

Perhaps consider this before throwing insults around towards others.