Join now - be part of our community!

Help: 1V Audio Balance and Bluetooth issues

NotBal90
New

Help: 1V Audio Balance and Bluetooth issues

Hi, i just got my xperia 1V, and while i love a lot about this phone, I realized, that the Audio, especially the bluetooth audio is almost unsuable for me. So i was wondering, if anybody else is experiencing these issue.

TD:DR: Audio balance slider is bugged and the Bluetooth Audio transmition using the AAC codec sounds like what drops out of a horses backside.

Detailed Version:

1. I lost a good amount of my hearing in my left ear, so i am reliant on the left/right audio balance slider in the accessibility menu. The slider exists, but it is unsuable right now. All the slider does is to decrease the right side audio when i pull the slider towards the right. Sliding it to the left side doesn't do anything. Only way to get it to work is by enabling and then disabling mono audio. After that, the audio is, in my case, louder in my left ear. That is until I manually skip a song or switch to a different audio app (so from spotify to audible or youtube). Then its all back to neutral and I gotta go back into the freaking menu and start all over.

2. Second issue is with AAC. I saw reports of issues with AAC on the Xperia 1IV, but it is still (or also) broken on the 1V. If I use AAC, the Audio Quality goes up and down all the time, so highs get muffelt for a couple of seconds then go back to being clear like they are supposed to. Its not an issue with the audio app, I tried it on spotify, youtube, with offline musik etc. Results are the same. Only solution is to siwtch to SBC in the developer menu. That kinda fixes it, but SBC struggles with delivering clear high notes in busy songs (high hat in a metal song sounds bad with SBC, while alright with AAC). My earbuds don't support LDAC so i dont know, if that would fix the issue.

How do issues like that make it into a 1400€ device? Moreoever known issues, that previous Sony Phones already semmed to have had. I've never ever had any issues on my samsung phones and I'm starting to regret giving sony a chance here.....

Any ideas or similar complaints?

I'm on Version 67.0.A.4.79 Xperia 1V EU Unlocked Model

0 REPLIES 0