Join now - be part of our community!

Viao svf152c29m screen flickering

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
scopio
Explorer

Viao svf152c29m screen flickering

My elderly friend has a Sony VIAO SVF152C29M with Windows 8 which keeps flickering when he connects to AOL (UK). It not only does it flicker but the screen resolution becomes too big for the screen and it gets out of control going from one resolution to an other.

Any help finding the latest driver for this model or what the problem or how to resolve this issue would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
scopio
Explorer

Have had my friend not using AOL application for  a week now to access his AOL emails and instead using IE and Chrome and the issue did not manifest itself.

So I am now completely satisfied the the cause of the issue was the AOL own application and I will uninstall it the nexr time I visit my friend.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You are using the chassis model which is shared by several Vaio models. For support and downloads, you need the exact model.  It will be something like SVF1521Q1E and downloads are available here:-

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/laptop-pc-svf-series/svf1521q1e

:wink:

profile.country.GB.title
scopio
Explorer

Hi Blencogo,

Thanks for your quick reply.

The chasis model is all I could see on the lable. Where would I find the exact model on the laptop?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

On the SVF-Series I think the correct model name is hidden under the battery:-

https://www.sony.co.uk/find-the-comp-model

:wink:

profile.country.GB.title
scopio
Explorer

I did find the model number as you said underneath the battery which is SVC152C2EW, thanks.

I updated the graphics card driver and other drivers via Vaio Care although I have come to the conclusion that the issue is not with hardware related but a software issue.

Having spoken with my friend who owns the laptop the issue seems to happen mostly when he uses AOL(UK) application to access his emails. The issue does not happen every day but can take a couple of days to manifest itself.

The issue did not happen when I booted into the BIOS or while in Safe Mode. I have accessed the AOL (UK) email account directly within IE rather than AOL own application and the issue did not happen. I have asked my friend to use IE to access his AOL email account for the next two weeks to see if the issue occurs so as to see if it is AOL own application that is causing the issue.

Thr laptop has been scanned twice with Malwarebytes and Norton and no threats have been flagged.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It does sound suspiciously like the AOL Software in combination with the browser being used.

AOL is sadly no longer being fully supported.
profile.country.GB.title
scopio
Explorer

Have had my friend not using AOL application for  a week now to access his AOL emails and instead using IE and Chrome and the issue did not manifest itself.

So I am now completely satisfied the the cause of the issue was the AOL own application and I will uninstall it the nexr time I visit my friend.

profile.country.GB.title
Playstore1
Explorer

Hi guys wounded if you would help if you can my screen seems to be going bright than flickers dimmer than bright again sony phone experia 10