Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio wont start up.

profile.country.da_DK.title
rasmus_fck
Visitor

Vaio wont start up.

Hello

This morning in the school, my computer wouldnt start up. when i push the "turn on" button it was green, but nothing started, no fans, not the screen, not anything.

when i push the button, the light flashes green as usual, but when i remove my finger, the green light turns off again.

Please help me.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
Rachel50g
Visitor

The exact same thing has happened to my laptop.  I was using it when it shut down.  I've had it just under 11 months from brand new. I am really annoyed.  I need help too. I ahve tried to contact sony support and it is a nightmare.  I entered my seriel number and then got cut off they stated my laptop wasnt under warranty! Not a happy bunny!  How can this be?

profile.country.en_GB.title
peshyxp
Visitor

Can you post some more details on laptop model and how old it is

There could be a number of hardware related reasons for this including hard drive failure, NVIDIA graphics card issue, motherboard issue. memory issue etc

Or it could also be a software issue if you recently loaded anything that has caused it to fail to boot or possibly a virus

When it last worked did you do anything different ie load up software of any kind or did any error message appear of has this just come out of the blue ie laptop was working fine before

Can you hear the hard drive whirring and when you start up do any of the other lights flash even for a short time?

I assume you have also tested the laptop with the battery removed and plugged into the mains just to discount any battery fault?

It sounds like from what you say the machine is failing to boot so try inserting your recovery disc and then rebooting since machine may try and boot using the disc

If this fails could be a number of issues as previously mentioned but we will need some more info

And finally dont panic since Im sure someone here will be able to assist and help you resolve this issue

Keep us posted on how you get on

Hi i have a similar problem have a sony vaio vgn ar71 and have this problem
if i do a restart it powers up no problem but if i turn off for a couple of hours then it wont start unless i turn on (only lights come on no drives or fans) leave for a few hours then disconnected all power hold start button for one minute reconnect and press start button and it powers up as nomal drives fans and all could this be a bettery problem

Next unread