Join now - be part of our community!

vaio blue clock screen saver

profile.country.GB.title
piratapirata

vaio blue clock screen saver

Hi guys and gals,

I'm trying to transfer my old sony vaio screensaver that has been on my vgc-rc202 since 2006 but I can't remember the files I need to copy over, any ideas? It's the one that is a big blue clock that changes to an orange one.sony clock pic.gif I've found 3 of the files in system32 but it wont work on new pc. it's sad that I've upgraded it to it's limit and I need to change pc totally. it's still running and the screensaver works on its latest version of windows 10. I did find a link but it was dead. I don't remember it being on the original installation disks but as it was xp i doubt it would help. thanks for any help in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi piratapirata

Sadly, as these screensavers are written using Adobe Flash, they will no longer work on the latest builds of Windows 10.

I believe a Windows Update in October 2020 removed Flash functionality in Win 10.

Sad I agree!

profile.country.GB.title
piratapirata

Thank you😊 That's one thing I suspected but I can't understand why it's still working on my Vaio eventhough it's been updated to the latest version of Windows 10 this month? I still suspect I'm missing a file that is not called "Vaio screensaver". The other possibility is that my Vaio window is 32bit and my new pc is 64bit? It would be great to find a way of posting the files here also if it worked. Thanks for your suggestions.