Join now - be part of our community!

Serial number not recognized by Sony Support

SOLVED
crazyface
Explorer

Serial number not recognized by Sony Support

I've been wrestling with a mouse/track pad problem on my Vaio laptop (Win7, model nr. VPCSA4T9E, bought in Nov. 2012, in Denmark)  and have been trying to get some help from the Sony website, preferably an email address for customer service.

When I'm asked to enter my serial number it keeps telling me it's wrong. I've checked both my Vaio Care on the laptop in question and turned it upside down and checked the sticker - same number in both places and still it says it's wrong!

What's going on here?

13 REPLIES 13
crazyface
Explorer

Thanks for the heads up regarding the UK servers being down. I'm from Denmark but it's such a small country maybe we share support and suchlike with other European countries.

Tried to register again yesterday evening, worked on the first try. I'll be closing this thread as the problem seems to have been solved. Thanks for all the contributions.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Hwalker1
Explorer

Their website does not even recognize my Model Name. SVE1711X1EB so I am unable to register it. Good way of getting out of your responsibilities
crazyface
Explorer

@Hwalker1
Does the Sony page give you an alternative/suggested model name when you enter your model?
Mine wasn't recognised either but I noticed they'd written an alternative model no. that was what I should "use for further reference on the the site".
A bit bizarre but I wrote down the alternative and have been using using it since to for manuals and drivers.
Fw2mny
New

Trying desperately (and failing ) to find help with PS4 pro completely freezing in home screen. Iv tried everything in safe mode to fix nothing will work . Barley 8 months old . Never been moved other than to clean(0 damage). Trying to find help and Sony’s page doesn’t even recognize it as a serial #. Then I look online for more help with Sony page and see same problem all the way back in 2013 😳😳 SONY how can support

be this terrible! We are PS4 ppl , Help my family paid we $500 for this not long ago.this is not right !