Join now - be part of our community!

Orange power light flashing on laptop?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
djdannyb
Visitor

Orange power light flashing on laptop?

Hi guys having some problems with my laptop, came to turn it on this morning and was completely dead. Plugged it into the main and it booted up, 5 mins into my session it stopped responding so I turned it off holding down the power button but then when I switched it back on its gave me the error message "operating system not found" After unplugging at the mains and trying agen I booted it up in safe mode and ran some system checks on the hd and memory etc and seems t be workin fine. I now have the problem (if it is one) when I put my laptop to sleep the power light that normally stayed lit green now flashes orange? Surely it cant be the battery going, ive only had the laptop 2 months! If anyone can shed any light that ud be great

thanks.. Danny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Danny,

Do any of these help.?

The power indicator status is as follows -

Glows green when the Vaio is on,

Blinks slowly in Orange when in standby,

Off when the vaio is hibernate or turned off.

The battery indicator status

Glows orange when battery is charging.

Blinks fast indicates battery error.

Battery & Power -

Blinks along with the green power indicator when the battery is running out of power (normal mode)

Blinks along with the orange indicator when the battery is running out of power (sleep mode)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Danny,

Do any of these help.?

The power indicator status is as follows -

Glows green when the Vaio is on,

Blinks slowly in Orange when in standby,

Off when the vaio is hibernate or turned off.

The battery indicator status

Glows orange when battery is charging.

Blinks fast indicates battery error.

Battery & Power -

Blinks along with the green power indicator when the battery is running out of power (normal mode)

Blinks along with the orange indicator when the battery is running out of power (sleep mode)

profile.country.en_GB.title
djdannyb
Visitor

Yes thanks, I duuno what happened with it but its following what ur sayin now. When I first had the laptop though when I shut it down or hibernated it the green power light stayed on, its only today that the lights are acting as u say.

I'm having this same issue, what was the problem and how did you fix it. Appreciate your help with this. Thanks.