Join now - be part of our community!

Laptop fails and sticks at Vaio screen every time I turn off

Laptop fails and sticks at Vaio screen every time I turn off

Hello

I have a SVE1512C5E laptop that recently failed.

Any time it is turned off or put to sleep it gets stuck on the vaio screen.

I went through all the options in the assist menu and none worked with the exception of a new install from a usb.

This works and I end up work a clean working install of Windows 10 but the moment I have to restart or the machine goes to sleep in back to the stuck Vaio screen and having to reinstall windows 10 again.

Clearly I can't do this every time I need to use it.

Any idea where the fault lies here?

Thanks in advance

Josh

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Josh and welcome.

It sounds like the system cannot find the correct hard drive partition - the one that has Windows installed. Was the installation USB created on another PC?  Is this a clean install of Windows 10 or an Upgrade?

Have a look in Disc Manager and see which Partition is active/bootable and check this is the one that has Windows installed in it. If Windows is in another partition, change that one to Active.

Most Sony Vaios are shipped with a Recovery Partition in 'Partiton 0' and Windows in' Partiton 1'. Sometimes Windows 10 removes the Recovery Partition so the boot record is looking in the wrong partition for Windows if it has an old boot record.

You can see your partitions in the Command Prompt and change the Partition number the system should search for Windows.  :\discpart\list partition