Join now - be part of our community!

Flash Player problem

Molio
Visitor

Flash Player problem

Hi everybody, this is my first post! :slight_smile:

I just bought a beautiful VGN-FE41S with Vista Home Premium and I immediatly felt in love with it .... :smileyblush:

I performed all the windows updates and the ones on this site but after this I can't run that program that handles photo, music, RSS feeds and can be set as screensaver (I don't remember the name right now! Sorry) anymore: after I run it it tells that I have to install the Flash player 9 or above but it's already installed. I also tried to uninstall and install again the player but no success at all. :thermometer_face:

Anybody has the samme issue or some advice to give? :smileythinking: :pray:

Thank you!!! :hugging:

14 REPLIES 14
Resonate
Visitor

Hi Molio, Welcome to Club VAIO :smileygrin:

:thinking: I cant remember the name of it either :thinking: must be one of them days

Some times Flash player can be a bit teeth grating, It is more then likely yhat you have it installed however that program will need an adaptor/addon to play Flash post back when you have the name of the program & we will see what we can do :wink:

Molio
Visitor

Ok I got it!!! :laughing:

It's the "Information Flow" program. I like it because it's simple but good looking and provides a fast access to the multimedia and info.

Thank you for your help! :smileysmug:

Spaceface
Visitor

Hi Molio,

I bought the same VGN-FE41S with Vista Home Premium 4 weeks ago, and I have a number of issues with it. Some I was able to solve, some are still a problem.
I had the same problem as you describe with the Flash plugin; it also did not work in Internet Explorer (although it worked in Firefox). I also had numerous error messages ".dll file not registered"; all this stopped after the Sony Vaio Helpdesk told me to switch User Account Control (UAC) off ; I now run everything by default as administrator. I'm sure if you do the same, it should solve your problem.

My remaining problems and disappointments with this expensive machine:
* The Motion Eye sometimes works, sometimes does not. If it doesn't, I have to switch it off and then on again (in devices management) or reboot. Apparently a driver problem, so I'm waiting (quite impatiently) for a driver update from Sony
* The sound volume is incredibly low, even afters setting the speaker volume to 8(=max) in the BIOS and even after activating the Sonic Stage Sound filter. iTunes etc. are louder now, but I have no idea how to apply this on the Media Center.
* WinDVD for Vaio does not seem to work: the video is bouncy, and the sound out of sync !
I tried it on at least 5 DVD's.

If someone has any ideas to solve above mentioned issues, they would be most welcome !

Thanks.

Wouter

Molio
Visitor

Hi Spaceface and thank you for sharing your experience! :wink:

Later on I will try to do as suggested even if I can't figure out why before I haven't got to do this to run the program. :thinking:

I'm also experiencing same issues with the browser, the Motion Eye, Win Dvd (more or less) and I completely agree that the output volume from the speakers is too low! :angry:

Think we have to wait and see when these problems will be patched! :drool:

I'll let you know something as soon as I'm aware that some improvement is avaliable. :wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

The low volume is mainly to do with rules which govern France, you're not allowed to have things blasting in public.

Resonate
Visitor

France, you're not allowed to have things blasting in public.

So this is why my VISA was rejected :wink:

Spaceface
Visitor

Huh ?
Well, in Belgium at least we're allowed to have things blasting in public as loud as possible.

My iPod earphones are louder than my Vaio's speakers !

jjclassen
Visitor

Same problems here. (VGN-FE41M)
camera doesnt work right. (tip:try to open it as administrator, sometimes it works)
Flash player only works with Firefox, not with IE
annoyant popup "update myclub Vaio, connect to the internet" without funktion (cannot open myclub vaio)- What is it?
vaio recovery tool (burning recovery cd) doesnt work.

serched for help here on this board for hours, without results.
I am thinking about giving back the notebook (warranty)
I think it is not right to sell a notebook for 1200 EUR without testing the compatibilty of components with vista.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi jjclassen

The camera problem has been reported to Sony and we are currently awaiting a fix..

For My Club vaio you should be able to stop My Club Vaio.exe from starting if you go to start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Scheduled Tasks..

Then dis enable the MCV entry..