Join now - be part of our community!

Ethernet driver for Vaio PCV2246

SOLVED
profile.country.nl_NL.title
franktj
Visitor

Ethernet driver for Vaio PCV2246

Hello,

I installed Windows XP professional on my Vaio PCV2246. Now I cannot connect to the network anymore. XP installed the 1394-driver for the ethernet but no matter what I tried with IP-adresses and domain/workgroup settings, the computer will not make any connection. Also ping to other computers in my home network does not give any respons. I would appreciate some help on this matter. Thank you in advance,

Frank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Frank,

Try installing the one in the link I gave for the RS402.

Click on Windows XP and you will see an Ethernet Driver.  Try downloading and installing that one.

If you have replaced the original OS, the only place you may find the correct model is in the BIOS which is accessed by tapping F2 during startup.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Frank,

If you can find a valid model number, you will be able to download the Ethernet Driver from the Vaio Support website.

Unfortunately PCV-2246 is not a valid model.  Have a look on the front of the casing for something like PCV-RS402 or something similar.

When you have the correct model, go to the support pages - this is the link for the PCV-RS402:-

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/PCV-RS402/updates

franktj
Visitor

Hi Blencogo,

Thank you for your answer. I cannot find anything else but PCV-2246. Could there be a universal driver for VAIO ethernet cards to start with?

Frank

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Frank,

Try installing the one in the link I gave for the RS402.

Click on Windows XP and you will see an Ethernet Driver.  Try downloading and installing that one.

If you have replaced the original OS, the only place you may find the correct model is in the BIOS which is accessed by tapping F2 during startup.

franktj
Visitor

Thank you Blencogo! This was the driver I needed!

Frank

profile.country.IT.title
paopoli3
New

dove trovo driver per un pc usato che ho comprato? modello PCV-2246
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Paopoli3,

Welcome to the community.

We would suggest that you post your comment in English on this community so that people can respond to you. There is also an Sony Italian language community that you can post in here.

Best wishes,

Ed