Join now - be part of our community!

DVD Player

profile.country.GB.title
robinanderson
Explorer

DVD Player

Hello my DVD player has stopped working correctly. It will play some DVD's BUT NOT all. None of them are Blu Ray and all area 2! Would appreciate if someone could give me any clue! It still plays Audio Cd's too. 

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Did you test the non-working CDs with another player? Also, what's the model of your device?

profile.country.GB.title
robinanderson
Explorer

Hello 

thank you for your prompt reply. My device is a Sony VPCL21 MIE with original specification I have in front of me a collection of Cds " The World at war " which are Blue Ray and do NOT play The movie Sideways which will not play. The Lost World of Mr Hardy which plays immediately upon insertion .I also got the movie El Cid on DVD and inserted same there was apparently no playing on the Win DVD player and so I went off to watch TV in disgust I came back approx 3 hours later and lo and behold it had set itself up and played perfectly the three hours of the movie.!!!!!!  The DVD/Cd player is Pioneer BD-Rom BDC-TD03 and it states that "This Device is working Properly" when I venture into properties of same1  Am I right in thinking this should play Blu-Ray ???? As well as ordinary DVD and Cd's ??                                                                                                                                   

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

It has an Optical drive: Blu-ray Disc™ ROM Drive with DVD SuperMulti . Check the Manual page 51: https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/res/manuals/Z012/Z012663111.PDF, that tells you the playable discs.

profile.country.GB.title
robinanderson
Explorer

Statees it plays DVD and Blu Ray - which is not currently hapening much to my annoyance. Obviously something is worng but clueless as to how to fix. 

thanks 

Robin 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey, sorry to hear this. Make sure that you have the driver updated here if you're using a playable disk: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/laptop-pc-vpc-series/vpcl21m1e/downloads

profile.country.GB.title
robinanderson
Explorer

Hello according to windows 10 it has the most up to date suitable dvd driver and I could not see an update suitable in the list of drivers!

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

I don't see a driver for Windows 10! Did you get the update done through the device? Or did you do it manually?

profile.country.GB.title
robinanderson
Explorer

Any changes to this machine have all been prompted and downloaded automatically. At no time did I attempt to search and download drivers myself

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi robinanderson, I've actually contacted Sony about another issue and they told me that they don't guarantee Windows 10 functionality. They recommended reverting to a previous version and gave me this link: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00121830