Join now - be part of our community!

delete the bundled applications

Faris055
Explorer

delete the bundled applications

I would like to delete the bundled applications(like Adobe suite, PowerDVD, etc.) from SONY's hidden recovery partition. Because my SSD is just 256GB and I would like to used for another thing rather than keek it for a trail applications.So there is a solution to delete from SSD and when I use a recovery or a refresh option not see these applications again.

My laptop Model :  SVF15N2C5E

Operating system : windows 8.1 64-bit

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Faris055,

I have not heard of anyone trying to edit the hidden recovery partition but my guess is that it would probably render it useless. Add in the fact that the bundled software would only be a small percentage of the total size of the recovery partition.

Your best bet, if you require a system backup without bundled software, is to first remove the offending software and then create a system image with a utility such as Acronis True Image. If you are then confident that your image is saved and working you can delete the hidden partition thus regaining the full size on disk.

It would of course be wise to create a set of recovery media prior to taking this step just in case all goes belly up at a later stage.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat