Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth mouse vgp-bms10 looses connection with VAIO VPCF12Z1E laptop

profile.country.el_GR.title
chr.filippou
Visitor

Bluetooth mouse vgp-bms10 looses connection with VAIO VPCF12Z1E laptop

Connection between my VAIO laptop (VPCF12Z1E) and VAIO Bluetooth mouse (VGP-BMS10) gets lost every now and then...

This usually happens once every day, but i don't know the reason...
Sometimes if i get the batteries out of the mouse (like a reset), after some time, connection comes alive, but not always and of course i don't have the patience to do the same thing...every day!
Anyone had the same problem ? ? ?
Is there any solution ?
Thank you in advance for your help...
10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Hugo_Fonseca

Hi.

This is a long shot since this post is 12 years old 😅 but I have the same mouse and I had to do a reinstall of Windows 10 on my Vaio and now my mouse drops connection in seconds and the wheel is very slow scrolling in both directions. 

I mean, if you ever read this lol, did you found a solution or did you throw your mouse on the nearest wall like I am about to do? 🤣

Let me know. Thanks!

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

@Hugo_Fonseca same PC, my advice by my experience on the "problem"... Buy an USB Bluetooth Adaptor.

profile.country.GB.title
Hugo_Fonseca

Oh! Never thought of that. Never used one. Will check them out thanks!

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Hugo_Fonseca, what's the model number of your Vaio? Did it update to Windows 10 within the system?

profile.country.GB.title
Hugo_Fonseca

Hi!

My Vaio is a Sony Vaio Pro 13 - Model: SVP1321C5E.

I upgraded to Windows 10 years ago, but about 3 weeks ago I had an issue with the laptop and after contacting Microsoft, they recomended me to reinstall Windows 10. I spent hours installing drivers from the Sony webpage for my laptop. But the bluetooth connection is not good and the mouse keeps dropping. 

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Same suggestion, use a USB Bluetooth Adaptor...
profile.country.GB.title
Hugo_Fonseca

Hi! Well, I followed your advice and bought a external usb bluetooth adaptor ( this one: https://www.ugreen.com/collections/bluetooth-adapter/products/ugreen-bluetooth-adapter?variant=39915...

it is installed and all drivers installed.

I also disabled the Sony vaio's own bluetooth device in the device manager.

It still dosent work.

It detects the devices but when i try to connect, either stays forever trying to connect, or 2 messages appear:

- couldn't connect try connecting again

or

- check the pin and try conencting again.

So what should I do now? I followed all the different methods to fix bluetooth issues for windows 10, and nothing works...

Do you know any solution?

Thanks!

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Can you try to connect another devices? Just for understeand if the problem Is in the Laptop...

profile.country.GB.title
Hugo_Fonseca

Hi!

Well, after I tried everything under the sun and talked with so many people, I gained the courage, reinstalled Windows 10 and guess what? Working flawlessly. Probably was a problem with drivers conflicting with eachother.

Anyway, I spent a few hours around my Vaio, managed to download (specially for future use as Sony is ending support for Vaios this month and they probably will delete the support pages with the drivers to download) all the drivers available to my Vaio Pro 13 and my PC is feels brand new!

I think I just need to think about replacing the thermal paste as the fan works but is very loud these days. 

Anyway, thanks for the help! 😀