Join now - be part of our community!

KDL40NX703 no internet connection

happydays2013
Explorer

KDL40NX703 no internet connection

Hello

Bought TV second hand. Tried to set up internet on it and it says the wireless built in is ok and the wireless device is ok but the signal strength goes on and off. Having looked at the troubleshooting page, it states :signal strength of your connection to your wireless router, if it is a dash - you are not connected to the router.
D. Make sure an IP address is shown - it says IP setting auto and underneath it states the IP address and subnet mask.

Tried resetting the router to no avail. Checked with Virgin and all ok as the rest of the wireless devices work fine.

TV is 'plugged in' to all the wires for the internet, set top box, etc directly but all goes through the virgin box so at a loss as to what to do!

Can only watch TV, can't use the Guide function as it states Feature not available in this mode. Don't know what mode i am in??

Can't use the Internet content - press select to refresh - says configuration failed whiole connecting. the system has encountered an error. If problem persists contact Sony <2200>

On Network Set Up comes up with Wired set up and wireless set up. now moved the TV downstairs to be hooked up to the wires, chose wired set up and tries to put in manually based on what was advised on the TV previously. states invalid entry......

On choosing scan, comes up with my network and i put in my WPA key and clicked on all to be auto (IP address etc) Said all ok and successful. pressed ok and then notice came up configuration failed.

If anyone can help, that would be great, thank you

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

@happydays2013 wrote:

Can only watch TV, can't use the Guide function as it states Feature not available in this mode. Don't know what mode i am in??

Hi there

First thing is first, I think the following above is part of the problem.  I believe that your TV may-be set to "shop" mode.  To correct this, you need to perform a factory reset, then you can set it to home mode.

In regards to the internet issues.  Try connecting the TV to your router using a network cable first off.  If your router is too far away from the TV, you can have wireless problems. 

Cheers.