Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia TV Panel Failure

profile.country.en_GB.title
StartTheCar
Contributor

Bravia TV Panel Failure

Please Note:  The exceptional warranty period for these specific models has ended.  

Any service required on these models will now be carried out under normal terms and conditions of the supplied warranty  Should your Bravia television require service attention, please contact your supplying retailer or a Sony Authorized Service Centre who organise a repair.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As part of our normal product monitoring process, and following your feedback, we have become aware that a small number of Bravia models, in certain sizes,  are experiencing screen failure just outside the 1 year guarantee period.  The model numbers concerned are listed below.

If you have one the models listed below, that has suffered a screen/panel fault please call us on 0844 8466 555 where a repair can be booked and any necessary service procedures followed.  The Sony authorised repair agent will be aware of the issue and, with the support of the Sony Service team, will make sure everything is done to help.

Please note that all other models and faults will be serviced in line with our normal service & guarantee procedures.

The affected models and screen sizes are:

KDL-40W4500

KDL-40W4710/20/30

KDL-40X4500

KDL-46X3000

KDL-46X3500

Sorry it took so long to get this announcement out, but we had to make sure everything was in place before confirming anything.

Best regards

Lee

Customer Relations

Sony Europe Limited

Message was edited by: StartTheCar

10 REPLIES 10
Pinball
Visitor

I see the "W" and "X" models confirmed.

Are the KDL-40"V"3000's being investigated ?

StartTheCar
Contributor

Hi Pinball

The issue is very specific to certain models and sizes.  I will look into the thread about the V3000, however I can confirm that is not related to this announcement and any fault with them will be treated as per the normal service and guarantee procedures.

Regards
Lee

profile.country.GB.title
shah10983e3fchv
New

Hi I have contacted sony support service for my kdl-46x3000 panel failure. They advice me first they can't find my model listed as failure issue, ask to provide the link where i found it so i replied with the link. Now they adviced me that it's old one and they have list now where my tv is not listed what do i do about this please help thak you

Good afternoon.

I have a Sony Bravia KDL40W4500 that has started to develop screen problems as indicated in the thread.

When you switch on the TV, the top 4" of the picture is distorted and there is a dark bar runiing down the centre on the screen. After about 20 mins the distrotion clears quite suddnely however the brown glow is still present.

Although getting old, would this still be covered or is my TV destined for the"Great Silicon Maker in the Sky"

RSVP David

GPLSony
New

@StartTheCar wrote:

As part of our normal product monitoring process, and following your feedback, we have become aware that a small number of Bravia models, in certain sizes,  are experiencing screen failure just outside the 1 year guarantee period.  The model numbers concerned are listed below.

If you have one the models listed below, that has suffered a screen/panel fault please call us on 0844 8466 555 where a repair can be booked and any necessary service procedures followed.  The Sony authorised repair agent will be aware of the issue and, with the support of the Sony Service team, will make sure everything is done to help.

Please note that all other models and faults will be serviced in line with our normal service & guarantee procedures.

The affected models and screen sizes are:

KDL-40W4500

KDL-40W4710/20/30

KDL-40X4500

KDL-46X3000

KDL-46X3500

Sorry it took so long to get this announcement out, but we had to make sure everything was in place before confirming anything.

Best regards

Lee

Customer Relations

Sony Europe Limited

Message was edited by: StartTheCar

Lee, is this also counting Denmark?

I have a KDL40W4500 which have this failure - confirmed by Sony support in DK via pictures.

However they are reluctant to help with the failure.

Your message does not imply any latest validity

crocandy
Explorer

My 40w4710 has also failed recently.  Luckily, it is 3 months inside the John Lewis 5 year warranty.  To cut a long story short I have had a part replaced but it made no difference and the fault returned.

I am now waiting for an answer as to what happens next.  I think they will offer me a replacement tv on a spec for spec placement.  However, I kind of have mixed feeling about this as going on a spec only comparision the likely tv will be a lower end model as all higher end tvs come with 3D an option that was not available back in 2008.

The reason i bought this tv is because it was a 5 star award winning model.  Does anyone have any advice as to what would be a comparative model in todays specs taking into accunt price and where this tv sat in the model range back them.

Andrew

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Not knowing the in's and outs of your model TV.  I believe that you kinda have 3 choices.  See HERE for more details.

The following 3 models

• KDL-40R473A - Freeview HD
  • KDL-42W653A - Freeview HD, Smart TV
  • KDL-42W805A - Freeview HD, Smart TV, 3D

TV's have come along way in the 5 years since you purchased yours.  Freeview HD, Smart TV's, 3D to name an example.

What you could do, to argue for the W805A model, is the fact that it has 4 HDMI inputs, whereas the other 2 models, have 2 HDMI inputs.  From having a look at the specs of your current TV, you have 3 HDMI inputs.

Hope that helps.

schweyts
New

Hi there, I have the same problem with my 5 years old KDL 40W4500 and Sony France told me that they can't do anything for me... It's not professionnal at all. Thomas
crocandy
Explorer

Thanks for the reply. I'll update you as to what happens as soon as i have heard.